Key Duties & Responsibilities:
maximise departmental profitability through the effective marketing and sale of
labour, parts, accessories, lubricants, other charges, subcontracted services
and other value-added products and services.
- To create
an environment where the department and its staff develop and excel.
that the Service Department achieves target objectives by ongoing (period by
period) examination of accounts, daily & weekly operating controls, system
information, industry reports and public domain information and manufacturer’s
composite figures (monthly).
that corrective action is taken where adverse variations to target achievement
occur or inadequate performance is suspected. Instigate actions and strategies
to bring about necessary improvements
accurate recording of parts and service times, job costing and invoicing in the
premises, tools, equipment and other dealership assets are controlled and used
effectively to complete customer repairs within time expectations.
all materials purchased are controlled and sold at a profit.
- Maintain daily workshop timekeeping and labour
productivity records to monitor the effective use of technician and productive
labour. Monitor hours attended and worked in order to achieve labour efficiency
- Examine (weekly) sales ledger information to ensure
all outstanding debts have been collected within due time periods set and
customer queries and concerns, responded to and resolved within 24 hours of
them being raised.
- Establish technical and
other training needs for all staff, plan the programmes and maintain records of
- To organise
service activities to ensure the department’s efficient and profitable
operation by satisfying customers and enhancing customer relations
- To organise the service department and in
particular, control resources and utilise assets at a level commensurate with
- Have good management, leadership and communication
- Motor industry experience in a similar role is an
- Knowledge of CDK is an advantage
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com
- Technical skills, knowledge and experience of the retail motor industry.
- Skills in applying and using knowledge in a management position.
- Leadership and coaching attributes.
- Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of motor vehicles.
- Knowledge of CDK would be an advantage