- To organise service activities to ensure the department’s efficient and profitable operation by satisfying customers and enhancing customer relations.
- To organise the service department and in particular, control resources and utilise assets at a level commensurate with profit targets.
- Have good management, leadership and communication skills
- Motor industry experience in a similar role is an advantage
- Knowledge of Keyloop/Drive is an advantage.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To maximise departmental profitability through the effective marketing and sale of labour, parts, accessories, lubricants, other charges, subcontracted services and other value-added products and services.
- To create an environment where the department and its staff develop and excel.
- Ensure that the Service Department achieves target objectives by ongoing (period by period) examination of accounts, daily & weekly operating controls, system information, industry reports and public domain information and manufacturer’s composite figures (monthly).
- Ensure that corrective action is taken where adverse variations to target achievement occur or inadequate performance is suspected. Instigate actions and strategies to bring about necessary improvements
- Ensure accurate recording of parts and service times, job costing and invoicing in the Service Department.
- Ensure premises, tools, equipment and other dealership assets are controlled and used effectively to complete customer repairs within time expectations.
- Ensure all materials purchased are controlled and sold at a profit.
- Maintain daily workshop timekeeping and labour productivity records to monitor the effective use of technician and productive labour. Monitor hours attended and worked in order to achieve labour efficiency targets.
- Examine (weekly) sales ledger information to ensure all outstanding debts have been collected within due time periods set and customer queries and concerns, responded to and resolved within 24 hours of there being raised.
- Establish technical and other training needs for all staff, plan the programmes and maintain records of training.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Technical skills, knowledge and experience of the retail motor industry.
- Skills in applying and using knowledge in a management position.
- Leadership and coaching attributes.
- Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of motor vehicles.
- Knowledge of Keyloop would be an advantage
Please send CV’s to email@example.com