Colton Motors is currently looking to recruit for a Service Advisor to join our talented team at our Tullamore location.
Previous experience in the motor trade is highly desirable and Knowledge of Kerridge/keyloop (Dealer Management System) is an advantage
This role of Service Advisor is an extremely important role within the “The Customer Journey” at Colton Motors as you will be the main point of contact for the customer in addressing any general servicing or specific issues they experience with their vehicle.
It is the role of the Service Advisor to make this process as straightforward as possible for the customer.
Applicants must be dedicated to customer satisfaction and willing to work as part of a Team within a hugely busy award-winning Service Department and Retail Centre.
- Handle telephone calls and walk in requests from customers.
- Determine workshop availability using the workshop loading or booking system
- Make suitable appointment for customer
- Liaise with the Parts Department to ensure that the correct parts are ordered for the job and will be available.
- Meet and greet the customer when they arrive with their vehicle and get a clear understanding of any symptom or problem the customer has with their vehicle.
- Complete Job Card with clear information on each piece of work to be completed by the Workshop.
- Verify method of payment and clarify what the customer must pay for.
- Liaise with customers while their vehicle is in the workshop to inform them of the estimate of the costs involved in any additional work and obtain authorisations for all such additional work.
- Liaise with the Workshop to ensure that the customers’ needs are communicated to the Technicians.
- Ensure that the Customers vehicle is ready for collection at the pre-agreed time.
- When the customer arrives to collect their vehicle, explain all service, and repair work completed item by item and how this is reflected in the invoice.
- Liaise with customers to discuss Vehicle Health check (VHC) and deferred work requirements.
- Notify customers when back order parts become available, arrange appointment and schedule into workshop.
- Manage booking to maximize workshop productivity.
- Assume some appointed duties of the Service Manager or other staff members in their absence.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis.
- Technical skills, knowledge, and experience of the retail motor industry.
- Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance, and repair of motor vehicles.
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner
- Be professional & courteous with a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, self-motivate, multi-task and flexible in approach
- Be a team-player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a high performing team as well as on your own initiative
- Knowledge of Keyloop would be an advantage
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training
- Further career development
- Free car parking
- Savings scheme
- Laya EAP
We value and thank you for your enquiry. We are committed to an honest appraisal, therefore if we have not contacted you within 5 days of your application, we have determined that your experience and skills do not match the very specific criteria required.