Colton Motors has an immediate opening for an ‘’Experienced Parts Advisor’’. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in a main dealer with in-depth experience of all aspects of a Parts Advisor role. This is a full-time permanent position based in Tullamore.
Main duties will include:
- Receiving and checking incoming parts and supplies.
- Serving a large team of workshop technicians in an efficient manner and liaising with service advisors and service managers on a daily basis giving feedback on any issues in relation to spare parts availability.
- Carry out bi-annual inventory counts.
- Store spare parts in an orderly and accessible manner within the parts department while ensuring all work areas are clean and tidy.
- Process incoming requisitions and issue or distribute parts and supplies for internal usage.
- Maintain records of customer orders and the amount. Ensure location of parts is correct and up to date on dealer management system.
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish parts and supplies.
- Provide customer support service and merchandising by selling spare parts and accessories for motor vehicles in a retail setting in person and over the telephone.
- Advise retail customers and internal staff on appropriateness of parts, supplies or materials requested
- Manage and process spare parts returns as required.
- Place new merchandise on display.
- Examine returned parts for defects, and exchange defective parts or refund money where authorised.
- You are computer literate and enjoy working with computerised equipment.
- You pay close attention to detail and take pride in you daily duties.
- You will be required to provide a friendly efficient service both in-house and to the general public.
- You are courteous individual who enjoys working indoors, will be able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a spare parts role within the Motor Industry
- Prior parts experience with the Ford Ireland would be a distinct advantage
- Be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ADP Kerridge and Auto Vehicle Check would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a busy aftersales environment
- Full Clean Driving Licence
Kerridge Computer Skills Customer Skills